Ceramica Salerno by Maxwell & Williams is designed and produced in the south-east coastal region of Salerno in Naples, Italy. The range includes six stunning designs each with their own style and colour, based on maiolica ceramics; tin-glazed pottery from the Renaissance era.
Included in the range is dinner and side plates, pasta bowls and a large round platter, perfect for plating up your favourite Italian dishes.
See how easy it is to bring a touch of the Italian coastline to your summer table this entertaining season. Just add Prosecco!
The Boboli range is the most classical of the designs, with a pattern centering around a bunch of lemons with strong Italian summer vibes. With the 26.5cm dinner plate can live on its own on the table to serve a more casual occasion.
To soften the bright yellow in the plate, complete the look with a neutral placemat and you’re ready to go.
How perfect would a fresh Lemon pasta be served on the Salerno range?
Fresh Lemon Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
-13.5 oz package of spaghetti
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
-3 tablespoons fresh diced garlic
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-3/4 cup whipping cream
-1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
-1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
-1 cup parmesan cheese
-reserved pasta water
-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
-fresh parsley for garnish
1) Start a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil. When it reaches a boil, add in the pasta and cook until al dente.
2) While the water is heating begin to prep the sauce. Start by adding the olive oil to a large deep frying pan and heat on low. Add the diced garlic, pepper and red pepper flaked (optional). Do not brown the garlic, that would make it bitter. Continue to cook on low for about 10 minutes.
3) Add in the lemon zest and the whipping cream to the oil and garlic pan. Gently combine the ingredients and blend the flavours together. As you stir the sauce will begin to thicken.
4) Once the pasta is cooked, turn off the sauce. and add in the lemon juice and half the parmesan cheese.. Stir gently until combined.
5) Slowly remove the pasta from the water (do not dump) and add directly to the sauce. Add up to 1 cup of the pasta water to the sauce mixture to smooth sauce. Toss the pasta really well to ensure the sauce is well distributed.
6) Plate pasta and sprinkle parmesan and parsley on top and ENJOY!